Matt Brown will must wait a little bit longer for his twenty ninth stroll to the UFC cage.
Tuesday, Brown (23-18 MMA, sixteen-12 UFC) announced his elimination from UFC on ESPN 31 because of COVID-19 on social media after he demonstrated superb for the virus. Brown, 40, additionally printed that he's symptomatic. It's unclear if his scheduled opponent Bryan Barberena (15-8 MMA, 6-6 UFC) will remain on the cardboard.
UFC on ESPN 31 takes region Saturday, Dec. four at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas and streams on ESPN/ESPN+.
"Sh*tty day these days I validated fantastic for covid so my fight subsequent weekend is off," Brown wrote in a tweet.
soon after Brown offered greater particulars in a observe-up tweet, including, "i was ailing af over the weekend but believe enhanced for probably the most part now. lost odor nowadays. Did a jog outside nowadays and lungs burned some i believed probably it become just the bloodless air but possibly I'm nevertheless in poor health. I'll recover from it immediately and go from there."
Shitty day nowadays I tested positive for covid so my combat next weekend is off
— Matt Brown (@IamTheImmortal) November 24, 2021
i was in poor health af over the weekend however suppose more suitable for the most part now. lost odor these days. Did a jog outdoor nowadays and lungs burned some i assumed possibly it was just the bloodless air however maybe I'm still ailing. I'll recover from it promptly and go from there
— Matt Brown (@IamTheImmortal) November 24, 2021
Brown, forty, is likely one of the longest-tenured fighters on the promotion's roster, having competed below the banner due to the fact that his debut at the surest Fighter 7 Finale in 2007. After a rough stretch of 5 losses in six fights from July 2014 to December 2016, Brown hit a late career resurgence. In his most recent four fights, Brown went three-1 together with a violent knockout of Dhiego Lima in his most contemporary bout, which took area in June.
With the exchange, the latest UFC on ESPN 31 lineup comprises:

0 Comments